This ring allows you to run a GM factory fuel pump module in your aluminum fuel tank. Cut a hole in the top of your tank and weld it in our ring. Drop in the fuel pump module and secure in place with the provided hardware.
***Note- we only recommend welding on a tank that has never had fuel in it***
Now why would you want to do that?
- OEM reliability- Factory parts generally work better and are more durable
- Get the fuel pump into the tank so its quieter
- The OEM fuel sump prevents sucking air. No surge tanks, baffles, etc needed. This is important protection for your engine
- Built in regulator/returnless- the regulator is in the OEM module, and keeps your fuel at 58 PSI. No return line needed
- Built in fuel level sender, or you can of course keep your original in the tank as well. GM ones are 235 ohm empty and 40 ohms full
- Buy a fuel pump module for a 2004-2007 Silverado or Sierra 1500 or 2500 (gas, NOT flex fuel) if your tank is 11-13” deep
- Buy one for a 2004-2007 suburban 1500, escalade, or Yukon XL (gas, NOT flex fuel) if your tank is 7-9” deep.
- Buy one for a 2004-2008 express/savanna van if your tank is 14-10.5” deep.
These pump modules will sit against the bottom of your fuel tank, and they have spring loaded guide rods to adjust and hold them down.
With some modifications, it may be possible to get these modules to work with other tank depths as well.
Need to cover the factory fuel sender hole? Buy our block off plate: https://range-industries.myshopify.com/products/7235353608401